The Friends of St. Peter’s Hospital, a voluntary charitable organisation, has been established since 1952 and continues to support the work of St. Peter’s Hospital.
Over the last year we have been working hard to make over 200 patient waiting area chairs around the hospital more welcoming and consistent with new upholstery and coverings.
In recent months we have carried out the complete refurbishment of staff rooms in the therapies department, outpatients clinics and labour ward. We have also refurbished the patient waiting rooms in the Blanche Heriot Unit, as pictured above. We also opened a small shop in the Duchess of Kent Wing to help raise people’s awareness of the Friends and our activities. Continuing with our refurbishment program, we are now close to completing the staff room in the Blanche Heriot Unit, and are currently in the process of refurbishing the Chapel Garden.
Phil Keeble - Acting Chairman
The picture above shows Chairman Aileen McLeish cutting the ribbon at the official opening of the refurbished Blanche Heriot Unit