Your Clinical Referral to Us
Written by Bariatric Team
To qualify for assessment for surgery we require a referral letter from your GP, who will then judge whether you meet the NICE 2006 guidelines for bariatric surgery. This letter would have been addressed to our consultant.
- BMI (Body Mass Index) of 35 or above, with co-morbidities such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease etc.
- BMI (Body Mass Index) of 40 or more without any co-morbidities
- Must be able and willing to see our various specialists
- You must be fit for surgery and anaesthesia
- You understand the need for long term follow up and commitment
- You should have tried and failed with conventional dieting, exercise, and medication to lose and maintain weight