Services provided by the department
- Clinical Haematology / Blood Transfusion
- General and malignant haematological disorders
- Inpatient, outpatient and day case management and investigations
- Dr Bernard takes the lead for Paediatric and Obstetric aspects of the service, thrombophilia and bleeding disorders
- Dr Laurie has a special interest in the treatment of malignant disorders in adults
- On-Call Senior Haematologist 24 hours
- Dr Jissan Husain is the Haematology Specialist doctor
- Anticoagulant Service, St Peter's and outreach community phlebotomy and postal service
- Clinical advice and information on Anticoagulant Therapy issues
Our Clinical Team
The consulting team in the department are:
Dr Tanya BERNARD
Dr Andrew LAURIE
At Ashford, the Haematology department is on the first floor of the A&E / Outpatient block with the Day Unit on the ground floor.
The Haematology department and Blood Diseases clinic are on the ground floor of the Outpatients / Department Block at St. Peter's Hospital.