Congratulations on the birth of your baby and welcome to the Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at St Peter's Hospital
We understand that this can be a very emotional and worrying time for you. You are the most important people to your baby and we hope that you will feel able to visit as much as you wish to and we want your experience of our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to be as positive as possible.
These webpages will introduce you to the Neonatal Unit and to explain some important aspects of your baby's admission and care. However, all members of the neonatal team are on hand to help answer questions, explain procedures and test results.
- Our Unit
- Meet the Team
- Family Centred Care
- Parent Facilities
- Infant Feeding - Donor Milk Bank
- Research and Quality Improvement
- Patient Leaflets
Philosophy of Care
For every baby and their family admitted to our Neonatal Unit, we aim to provide excellence in family centred care within a safe and nurturing environment.
Working in partnership, we will compassionately support and encourage parents and families to participate in all aspects of their babies care.
We have a research based approach to Neonatal care and encourage personal and professional development of all staff.
It is our belief that every baby should be treated with respect and dignity throughout their unique journey, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Our Trust Pledge
The hospitals four strategic objectives (BEST)
- Best outcomes – our ambitions, priorities and detailed plans for improving clinical outcomes
- Excellent experience – how we deliver great experience for our patients
- Skilled motivated workforce – our plans to ensure we recruit, retain, develop and motivate our staff and how we enable them to work together to become high performing teams
- Top productivity – maximising financial effectiveness, making the most from income opportunities and delivery cost efficient services without compromising quality
NICU Mission Statement
Babies and their families are at the centre of our service as we strive for excellence and innovation.
- Family centred care that focuses on the needs of the baby first and values the family as an important member of the team.
- To provide excellence in clinical care, service and communication.
- Ensure collaboration within our institution and with the multidisciplinary team who share our mission and goals.
- Leadership that sets the standard for neonatal health care today.
- Accountability to our babies, communities and each other providing the best services we can.