Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Support
Written by LGBT Champion
ASPH NHS Trust are committed to ensuring the needs of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) employees and service users are understood and met both in policy and practice. We have recently joined Stonewall (LGB charity) to help us to achieve those aims.
I hope that we will be able to establish an LGBT Network within the Trust to provide support for LGBT staff and increase the understanding of LGBT issues. It will be for LGBT staff to determine how the Network will develop.
As LGBT Champion I would like to invite LGBT staff to meet so that I can hear your thoughts and ideas on how to promote LGBT issues in the workplace.
Benefits of a Network could include:
- an opportunity to voice concerns
- provide peer support, for example, mentoring schemes
- provide information on legislation and discrimination issues
- organise social events
- raise the profile of LGBT issues
- hold information sharing events
- invite external speakers
- provide advice on legislation
- provide an annual report to the Equality and Diversity Steering Group
- set up systems for consulting LGBT staff
- promote ASPH as a leader in LGBT equality
It is important that LGBT employees feel comfortable at work and I believe that setting up a LGBT Network will help us achieve our aim of a safe and inclusive working environment in which every individual can reach their full potential without fear of discrimination.
As LGBT Champion I want to hear your ideas to help us achieve this aim.
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 June 2012 14:10