Safety at Home
- Make sure all your carpets are secure and remove loose rugs
- Is your lighting adequate? Choose brighter bulbs, especially on stairs
- Is furniture arranged so that you can move around easily?
- Make sure your phone is accessible and stay in contact with friends and family. You may want to consider the benefit of a community alarm
- Choose shoes or slippers that are well fitting with non slip soles
- Buy and fit a smoke alarm
- Never leave a lit cigarette unattended and never smoke in bed