Enable Recite me Accessibility Tools:
Accessibility Options
To find out more, please see here.

In this section:

How to Get Help Paying for Childcare

You may be eligible for:

  • Tax Free Childcare
  • Tax Credits
  • Universal Credits
  • Help While You Study

For further information go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk

Childcare Vouchers

The Childcare voucher schemes were closed to new applicants as from the 4th October 2018.

For existing users you will be able to utilise the vouchers until you no longer require the service. There is no deadline as yet to use the vouchers by.

Tax Free Childcare

Tax Free Childcare is a scheme administered by HMRC, whereby working families can be offered 20% support to qualifying childcare costs up to a certain limit. Both Parents are eligible if you are employed, self-employed or both. To qualify you have to be earning at least £120 per week and over the age of 25 years. For further information go to www.childcarechoices.gov.uk.

Tax and NI exemptions for Workplace Nurseries

The Trust’s onsite nurseries are covered by the government’s ‘Work Place Nurseries Exemption Scheme” and therefore the cost of a place in a workplace nursery is completely exempt from Tax and National Insurance Contributions.

If you received confirmation of a nursery place and it has been agreed in writing, call payroll on 2799 option 2 to see if you are eligible for the saving. (Please bear in mind this can have an impact on your pension contributions at a later date).

Funded Early Education, Universal and Extended Hours for 3 and 4 year olds

Both of the Trust Nurseries offer Funded Early Education for Two Year Olds (FEET Funding), Universal and Extended Hours for 3 and 4 year olds. Check your local authority’s web sites under free childcare which will explain how to apply for your funding.

Surrey Local Offer

Every local authority must publish a Local Offer. The Local Offer tells you what support the local authority expects to be available for children and young people with special educational needs (SEN) and/or disabilities. It must include information about education, health and care provision. It should also tell you about training, employment and independent living for young people with special educational needs and / or disabilities.

You can find the Local Offer for Surrey County Council at

Protecting Your Online Privacy
Protecting Your Online Privacy

This Ashford and St Peter's website uses cookies to track visitor numbers. Find out more in our Cookies Policy and Privacy Policy. You can also read our Accessibility Statement and Privacy Notice for your information.