The Endoscopy Unit - St. Peter’s is located on Level 3 of the Outpatients / Departmental block.
Our services include:
- ERCP, EUS, therapeutic endoscopy (including removal of bowel polyps)
- Bowel cancer screening
- Barrett’s oesophagus surveillance
- banding and sclerotherapy for oesophageal varices
- oesophageal dilatation and stenting
- injection of bleeding ulcers and ethanol necrosis of tumours
- oesophageal function testing
We also provide:
- Breath testing for bacterial overgrowth and Helicobacter
- Inflammatory bowel disease clinic
- Liver and biliary clinic
- Hepatology clinic
- Gastrointestinal (GI) physiology: pH manometry (and BRAVO), breath testing, capsule endoscopy
- Alcohol Liaison Service
- Nutrition and Dietetics
We provide inpatient care on May Ward with 7-day Gastroenterology consultant ward cover and 24/7 cover for emergency GI bleeds.
We support ambulatory care services via the Ambulatory Medical unit & AECU. We provide outpatient clinics at St Peter’s & Ashford Hospitals, along with clinics at Woking Hospital.