HeartBeat support is a registered charity, offering support to heart patients while they are still in hospital, by visiting our CCU and Birch wards and when they return home to the community.
They aim to provide:
- A social environment in which to offer support and encouragement to patients, their partners and relatives with, or who have experienced cardiac problems.
- Endorse the benefits of continued exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide current information and practice in cardiac after-care.
- Promote the group’s activities so as to achieve a greater awareness and understanding of the potential risks of heart disease and the associated conditions.
- When funds permit, to support St. Peter’s Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Group, to help provide additional equipment to aid patient recovery.
For further information, please visit their website: www.Heartbeat-Support-Woking.org