New Graduate Band 5 Staff Nurse Opportunities:
Adult Wards across Ashford and St Peter's sites
Ashford and St Peter’s NHS Foundation Trust is looking for Nursing Graduates to join our Adult Nursing Teams across a variety of specialties.
Here at Ashford and St Peters our workforce is diverse and we celebrate the differences in us all by listening and respecting our fantastic nursing teams, which is why we believe we have a nursing opportunity to suit everyone.
We are an award winning, innovative and forward-thinking Foundation Trust. Our Nursing Teams are at the heart of the services we provide to our population in North West Surrey.
Our leadership team provides support and direction in a team where every voice counts and we are keen to get you where you want to be. This means excellent access to courses, training such as in-house programmes and development days and a 12 month Preceptorship programme that will support you to make the transition from Graduate to newly Registered Nurse and beyond. We can support and inspire you to reach your goals -no matter how high!
The Preceptorship Programme includes:
- Local induction and a period of supervised practice in your chosen clinical area
- Support of a preceptor/mentor
- Support from the Practice Development team
- Planned development days
- Band 4 salary whilst awaiting NMC registration
We are holding a recruitment event on Saturday 5th June 2021 in the Education Centre, Ashford Hospital, London Road, Ashford, Surrey, TW15 3AA.
During the recruitment event you will have the opportunity to discuss your career pathway, continuous professional development, preceptorship and induction programs, and if you have not yet decided where your nursing career will take you we can also offer a tailor made rotation programme covering most of our adult nursing areas.
On the day we will be interviewing for the following areas:
- Senior Adult medical Services - we have a male and a female acute medical ward for adults over 75 years
- Older Persons Short Stay Unit (OPSSU) - a unit where adults over 75 needing short hospital admissions of up to 72 hours.
- The Respiratory ward is looking to recruit new graduates at the start of their career and with an interest in respiratory nursing which includes patients requiring non-invasive ventilation.
- Stroke Services including the Hyper Acute Stroke unit at St Peter’s Hospital.
- Acute Cardiology Unit - this is a primary PCI center
- Medical Short Stay Unit – based at St Peter’s Hospital
- Surgical wards – acute wards based at St Peters and elective surgical ward based at Ashford
- Intermediate care based at Ashford Hospital
We offer excellent in house training and support enabling staff to become confident and competent in any specialist areas of nursing.
Our teams support staff to achieve a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible working opportunities and other staff benefits
If you think that you have what it takes to work in an organisation where we live our values then please come and join us.
For further enquiries please contact:
Find out more on NHS Jobs.