You are ready to go home and medically fit, we will transfer you to the discharge lounge to wait for your lift/hospital transport. Things to make sure you have are:
- Be clear about any medicines you are taking home with you. If in doubt, please ask a Nurse or Doctor.
- Please check that you have taken home all your personal property.
- Remind whoever is collecting you to bring any clothes you need for leaving the building, such as a coat or shoes.
- Ask the Sister/Charge Nurse or Ward Clerk, in advance, for any medical certificates you may need, e.g. private insurance/health insurance claim forms.
- If you need one, make sure you know the date and time of your follow-up outpatient's appointment.
- Make sure you know any referrals to District Nurses or Care Agencies and when they may be coming.
- Make sure you have a copy of your discharge summary.
- Have you received appropriate medical advice following your illness, e.g. driving, diet, exercise and resuming normal activities