“Physiotherapy is a science-based profession and takes a ‘whole person’ approach to health and wellbeing, which includes the patient’s general lifestyle. At the core is the patient’s involvement in their own care, through education, awareness, empowerment and participation in their treatment”
The Chartered society of Physiotherapy.
How can we help?
After a thorough, in-depth verbal and physical assessment for your presenting complaint, we can use a variety of treatment and management options to you help achieve your goals.
This could include:
- Advice on management: Education and understanding are fundamental components to your treatment plan. We feel if you can increase your knowledge and understanding of your presenting complaint, this can help set appropriate expectations and time frames for recovery.
- Exercise based programmes: These can be tailored to fit your needs and goals. The Physiotherapist can provide written or electronic copies via email or text message in an accessible, interactive format. Exercise is often an integral part of a patient’s rehabilitation journey.
- Rehabilitation groups: These can be completed in groups or in your own home, via a video link or in face to face groups in one of our community gym based settings. These can be an excellent tools to support you in your rehabilitation and empower you to achieve your goals.
- Mobilisation and manipulation techniques: These can be used if deemed appropriate as an adjunct to support a structured exercise and education based program. They are rarely used as a sole treatment.
- Acupuncture: This can be provided to help with pain relief where deemed appropriate from your physiotherapist. Acupunture is rarely used as a sole treatment.