Nitric Oxide Nasal Spray (NONS) Clinical Trial
The first UK clinical trials of a nasal spray proven to kill 99.9% of the coronavirus that causes Covid-19 began on January 11th at Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, in Surrey.
The SaNOtize Nitric Oxide Nasal Spray (NONS) is designed to kill the virus in the upper airways, preventing it from incubating and spreading to the lungs.
The treatment, developed by SaNOtize Research and Development Corp. based in Vancouver, Canada, proved 99.9% effective in killing the coronavirus in independent lab tests at Utah State University’s Antiviral Research Institute. Additional studies in rodents with COVID-19 infection showed over 95% reduction within the first day after infection. It is currently undergoing Phase II clinical trials throughout Canada approved by Health Canada, and in other countries.
First MSK Physiotherapy Research Half-Day at ASPH a Success!
On 16th July 2019, ASPH held the first MSK Physiotherapy Research Day in collaboration with the NIHR Clinical Research Network.
Suzanne opened the day with an important message “Active participation in research will help us deliver better care for patients”. We have been fortunate enough to have talks from the NIHR, Research Design Service, healthcare professionals and even the Biomechanics team at McLaren!
With great thanks to Ossur for sponsoring the event, and Leon Palmer-Wilson, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist, Researcher & NIHR CRN KSS Musculoskeletal Co-Specialty Lead for organising an event full of relevant, interesting an innovative content!
Trust Research Recognised
On Friday 22nd February 2019, Chief Executives of NHS Trusts, researchers and patients came together to celebrate the excellent health and social care research taking place within the region at the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network (CRN) Kent, Surrey and Sussex Awards ... read more
- Nicky Holland – Neonatal Research Sister tells us a little bit about her role in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- The Bees Knees
- Welcoming Nina Cron and Megan McGee to the Research Team
- "Profile" for Prostate Cancer
- Go Flo!
- The Glove Study
- Diabetes Research
- Lacunar Stroke
- Are you statin intolerant?
- Cardiology Research Team
- Download the newsletter
- “Getting it Right First Time” with Dr. Vineet Prakash
- How is taking part in a research study fruitful for the participant?
- 2nd Sprint National Anaesthesia Project (SNAP-2)
- Are you interested in Research?
- Respiratory Research
- A stitch in time saves nine
- Ramifications of research
- I am Research - International Clinical Trials Day
- Download the newsletter