Click on the options below to find out more:
The Pastoral and Spiritual Care service is available to support not only patients and visitors but staff and volunteers too. They can be contacted via the hospital switchboard 01932 872000.
- Ashford - The Multi-Faith Centre can be found on the ground floor, near main reception.
- St Peter’s - The Multi-Faith Centre is located on level 3 near the Duchess of Kent entrance.
Lead Chaplain: Rev. Laurence Gamlen.
▶ HeartBeat Support
HeartBeat support is a registered charity, offering support to heart patients while they are still in hospital, by visiting our CCU and Birch wards and when they return home to the community.
They aim to provide:
- A social environment in which to offer support and encouragement to patients, their partners and relatives with, or who have experienced cardiac problems.
- Endorse the benefits of continued exercise and a healthy lifestyle.
- Provide current information and practice in cardiac after-care.
- Promote the group’s activities so as to achieve a greater awareness and understanding of the potential risks of heart disease and the associated conditions.
- When funds permit, to support St. Peter’s Hospital’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Group, to help provide additional equipment to aid patient recovery.
For further information, please visit their website: www.Heartbeat-Support-Woking.org
▶ League of Friends
The League of Friends, Ashford and St. Peter’s are registered charities supporting ASPH. The Ashford Friends were founded in 1962 and St. Peter’s Friends were founded in 1953. Both charities are important in helping to make life for patients more comfortable and for their fundraising activities which provide equipment for the hospitals. They assist in the provision of amenities for the benefit of patients, staff and visitors.
The Ashford Hospital League of Friends has a shop on site selling greetings cards, stamps, hand knitted and crocheted items, toiletries, as well as new, or good as new, bric-a-brac, books, puzzles and jewellery.
The shop is open weekdays from 10a.m. to 4.00p.m. and run entirely by volunteers. Donations suitable for sale are most welcome during these times.
The League is also involved with internal and external fundraising activities and help with these, or with the shop, is always most appreciated.
If you would like to learn more of the League’s aims and activities, please collect a leaflet from the shop or call 01784 884794 (Shop) or 01784 249205 (Secretary). Alternatively, the address is as follows:
Ashford Hospital League of Friends, Ashford Hospital, London Road, Ashford TW15 3AA.
▶ Radio Wey
Hospital Radio Wey is a registered charity and provides a broadcasting service to both St. Peters and Ashford Hospitals, as well as hospices, care homes and/or similar groups, and wherever possible, provides a similar service to the community to assist patients receiving ‘Care in the Community’. Its focus is working with the hospital and community.
It is run entirely by volunteers who have a passion for good radio and offers a range of programmes including request shows, specialised music programmes, drama, local sports coverage and magazine programmes. There are 70 members with an age range from 17 to 70+ and from all walks of life.
It started 46 years ago offering programmes to local hospitals and as technology has developed, it has extended its output to the internet
For further information, please visit their website: www.radiowey.co.uk or contact the studios on 01932 874433 or email